Apparently whining is an effective strategy for inducing labor. Also, fun-size butterfingers. Take notes, ladies.
I’ll tell the whole birth story in gory detail in the near future. I’m still in the hospital. Somehow it seems, uh, excessive to do all that much blogging while you’re still in the hospital. Also, no pictures yet. Yes, it’s because I don’t love you.
To sum up:
- We have still not decided on a middle name.
- He arrived at 6lbs 11 oz and 20.5 inches long
- He is perfect and adorable and a world-champion nurser — he was practically latched before the umbilical cord was cut
- We got through the delivery drug free and without complications
- The chocolate cake at the hospital is as awesome as I remember
- Whole labor was about 14 hours long
- Grey thinks he’s pretty cute and wants to bring him home. Grey was FANTASTIC with him. Little does my eldest son know what’s in store for him…
- Sorry, no cord to upload pictures. Soon.
- So far there’s no hint of anything less than perfection in him, or any lurking issues with me.
- He already seems much mellower than his big brother.
Basically, things are as great as they possibly could be!