We had a wonderful weekend. Saturday is kind of a blur. Hm. Oh yeah, I slept in. Then my husband went to aikido followed by Watchmen and I took care of der kinder. The boys have it in for me. Thane, for once, took a great nap. Grey, on the other hand…
Thane’s big news of the weekend was that he ate his first solid foods! Organic brown rice cereal mixed with breastmilk, for the record. Followed by squash that evening and green beans last night. He’s a champ at eating. His tongue-thrust has almost entirely disappeared. He seemed ready and happy to be joining us in dining upon real food. Not that it has seemed to in any way reduce the amount of nursing the dear child does.
Sunday we woke up and the weather was gorgeous — like 55 degrees. We’d lost an hour’s sleep to daylight savings. I hadn’t realized just how dire time changes are when you have children. I thought to our morning and church and couldn’t come up with any obligations we had this week, which is a rarity. Inspiration seized me. I suggested to my husband that we could go to the Higgins Armory in Worcester (http://www.higgins.org/). I’ve been meaning to go there since before Grey was born.
The boys were spectacularly good the entire trip and all day long. It was fantastic.
I’m also about ready to pronounce Grey day-trained. A car trip and a strange place and an unusual day, and still he had no accidents. He’s started realizing he need to go and going without our prompting. This is not to say that our long quest is over: there’s still night-training to undertake and there will undoubtably be accidents but … a week can go by and we do not have one!
For your enjoyment and edification, I have uploaded pictures. A few notes:
– There are rather more videos than usual. If you have limited time, I greatly recommend the “Grey sings the welcome song” and “Grey and Thane on a quiet afternoon”.
– The pictures that there are of me are largely ones taken by Grey. He will demand his turn when I’m photographing the boys. They aren’t bad, for all that. (I have removed the ones that are blurry images of my left thigh, etc.)
– The ones where Thane’s head is really close? That’s nursing view. That’s more less what you see when you are feeding a baby. They came out compelling, but odd.
– Yes, Grey has pink kitty cat pajamas. They are some of his favorites. Wanna make something of it?
– The one of Thane and me in the snow is a self-portrait.
– The kids at daycare are: Gigi, Pablito, Tamisha, Thane and Grey
– Grey built that block tower all by himself
– Disposable bibs are da bomb.