So during Lent I’ve been working really hard to look at the good side of things — to pursue the positive and let the negative I can’t change wash past me.
Well, I’m all out of Pollyanna today.
Top 10 reasons today sucks:
10. The laundry and dishes aren’t done.
9. I forgot my iPod at home.
8. Another coworkers returned from maternity leave so now I have to share the pumping room.
7. The pumping room is also the server room. It has a beeping server today and probably will for some time. (They’re working on it.)
6. It’s supposed to rain all day.
5. I had to walk a mile in “office shoes” to get to work this morning. It made me late to work.
4. I don’t see a day on this week’s schedule when I can spend quality time with my husband. We’re also both completely wiped out.
3. Thane keeps crying bitterly and I can’t figure out why or make it better
2. The Red Sox have already postponed today’s home opener
1. Vomit all over my car — the champion’s way to start the day!
PS – If you’re here because you had a terrible day, you might consider reading Gives Me Hope to feel better!