At this hour, standing in this place, I am thankful for…
- A family that gives me nothing but love and support – and nothing I would write to an advice columnist about
- An interesting new thing to do that has me excited in new ways (Nanowrimo)
- A job I enjoy, doing good work with amazing people
- An extensive collection of pens
- Two cats, who are equal parts snuggly and annoying
- A son who is working hard to learn an instrument I love
- Another son who is the snuggliest human I’ve ever met
- A dining room with high ceilings and an amazing finish, that is much warmer
- The opportunity to review my wonderful year in pictures as I attempt to find one that will work for Christmas cards
- Green tea
- That studies show coffee is good for you, not terrible for you
- The safety and security that surround me, and which I consider normal
- Living in an ancient town with layer upon layer of stories
- A vast wealth of friends and friendly faces
- Social media, which I tremendously enjoy
- Good books. I look forward to eventually reading some again.
- That incredibly soft fabric they’ve invented lately – and a stars and crescents bathrobe in that material
- A full cupboard and ‘fridge
- Teachers who care so much about my sons
- Stoneham finally has a great coffee shop!
- Audiobooks for commuting
- The Economist that keeps me informed without making my blood pressure spike through the roof.
- The joyful anticipation of a holiday season, as seen through the eyes of a seven and ten year old.
And most of all … you.