At this hour, standing in this place, I am thankful for…
- A family that gives me nothing but love and support – and nothing I would write to an advice columnist about
- An interesting new thing to do that has me excited in new ways (Nanowrimo)
- A job I enjoy, doing good work with amazing people
- An extensive collection of pens
- Two cats, who are equal parts snuggly and annoying
- A son who is working hard to learn an instrument I love
- Another son who is the snuggliest human I’ve ever met
- A dining room with high ceilings and an amazing finish, that is much warmer
- The opportunity to review my wonderful year in pictures as I attempt to find one that will work for Christmas cards
- Green tea
- That studies show coffee is good for you, not terrible for you
- The safety and security that surround me, and which I consider normal
- Living in an ancient town with layer upon layer of stories
- A vast wealth of friends and friendly faces
- Social media, which I tremendously enjoy
- Good books. I look forward to eventually reading some again.
- That incredibly soft fabric they’ve invented lately – and a stars and crescents bathrobe in that material
- A full cupboard and ‘fridge
- Teachers who care so much about my sons
- Stoneham finally has a great coffee shop!
- Audiobooks for commuting
- The Economist that keeps me informed without making my blood pressure spike through the roof.
- The joyful anticipation of a holiday season, as seen through the eyes of a seven and ten year old.
And most of all … you.
7 thoughts on “Thankful for…”
Agree and amen to all of the above. I feel amazingly thankful every day.
Having just returned from England, I am laughing at anything in MA being called “ancient!!” 😉
Also, I should like to know about this soft fabric, being in the market for a new robe myself…
It was kind of crazy reading a book written in 1840 where he talks about “ancient” places in my town. It is actually ancient – just not necessarily with Westerners.
I dunno… there’s this super plush fabric they’ve been making lately. Kohls has an amazing variety of bathrobes made in it – including a wizard bathrobe and one with sheep!
I NEED A SHEEP ONE!!!
It can be yours for $23… http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2267966/sonoma-life-style-plush-shawl-wrap-robe-womens.jsp?color=Sheep%20Gray
I just got Sarah some elephant PJs made out of that stuff. So cozy!
I echo your praise for the new coffee shop. 🙂