We’re back from Atlanta! We had a lovely week with my mother-in-law. Here are the points of greatest interest:
- Thane started crawling! Real-o, trul-o stereotypical baby crawling! Right now he’s only going a tentative foot or two for a desired toy. I suspect it will transform into zippy baby very quickly. The only downside to this was the plane ride home. Babies who have just discovered how to crawl do not want to sit quietly in your arms for 2.5 hours.
- Thane turned 7 months old. We’ve made it to 7 months nursing. Celebrate each victory, I say! With a coworker who just got back from maternity leave, we’re now up to a quarter of the programmers in my office being nursing moms. Heh.
- Grey went to his first movie theater movie! We saw “Monsters vs Aliens” in 3-d. I think the 3-d was a bit too much for him to handle, but I thought it was awesome. He’s since insisted on being “the green guy who hits” and refuses to accept that the guy’s name is Link. Anyway, he was beautifully behaved and sat very nicely and quietly through the whole movie, so we can do that again.
- Swimming with Cousin Alec in the pool. ’nuff said.
- My stunning discovery for the week was that, amazingly, two young children are a lot of work even (especially?) when you are on vacation. Even the addition of another dedicated adult (grandma) it was still not quite the week of reading a novel a day that vacations used to be. I can’t wait until the boys can read.
This was also Michael’s interment. It was a very small gathering of family who were present. We buried him (ok, watched him be buried) in the National Cemetery in Georgia. It was a beautiful spot. While we were at it, we interred his mother-in-law Mildred right next to him.